17 May 2011

My big fat Italian Nikon

So last night when we pulled in the driveway I noticed a large brown box on the front porch.  James is always buying/selling stuff on eBay so I figured it was just another package for him. 
When I finally remembered it was out there about 9:30pm, I grabbed it and sure enough To: JAMES From: HUH??? Mail 'n Stuff in Glen Ellyn IL, which can only be from one person, my Stepmom, Helen :)  Sooo I was thinking... what in Gods name would Helen be sending to James that I wouldn't know about it????  I called James and he said to set it aside, and since I was so tired and had to work early this morning, I did!(Shocking I know Leah)
However today after work, the real ME came back and after many phone calls (cause James is traveling) threatening to open the box anyways!!! classy, huh?
He agreed and inside the mystery box from Glen Ellyn was  a LARGE, black, Heavy, shiny, intimidating, gorgeous, where have you been all my life... SLR Nikon D300 CAMERA!!!    Can you believe this????  I finally have a Bomb ass camera!!!  I am sooo excited so of course I went on a PROFESSIONAL photo shoot....and after developing the film in my darkroom(lol) I noticed I have room for improvement but also see my road to greatness!  I just drove around and snapped away.  I felt like a paparazzi:
 an Italian term used to refer to photojournalists who specialize in candid photography of celebrities, politicians, and other prominent people. organization.
Which in fact is how it got the name my big fat Italian Nikon... besides if you know me, you know I'm a total WOP!   So let me know what you think of the BFIN or the paparazzi behind it...





Is it me...or is the horse smiling? bahahah


One might consider me to be a Naturalist?!!  I guess we should ask my brother, the expert!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos! Me likey your big fat italian nikon ;-)

    ReplyDelete