08 May 2011

May... Happy Times!

Saturday we celebrated our 6th year of marriage!  We went for a walk around Lake Loveland which is 4 miles and you should have heard James and Angelo complain.  THE WHOLE TIME!!!!  ah ahha ha   James says he will never forget our 6th year anniversary because of the "death march"!  Angelo whined the whole time and wanted me to carry him and his bike!  We went out to dinner too and talked about our future...happy times.
Sunday morning, Mothers Day I woke up to Tulips and Starbucks...
Angelo asked, "when it be Boys Day" LOL  that was an interesting conversation.
We went to church and then I did "the death march" again, alone this time...!!!  While the boys played Wii and James got stuff ready for dinner... 
then we headed off to the Mountains!!  
This was my view.
As we drove up the temp. dropped from 85 at our house to 70 up at Estes Park.  What a gorgeous day!  We saw deer, big horn sheep, and elk.  This Elk had a bird sitting on him and didn't seem to mind.  What kind of a bird is that?  Brian?
Angelo loved skipping stones into the creek!
This never gets old to me...In fact Angelo said, "you say Gorgeous all the time mom...you never stop saying it" H HA HAHAA
 So today, Mothers day, I not only sang alittle bit louder in church but I held my son alittle tighter at bedtime, took in the smell of the evergreen trees alittle longer and ate corn on the cob with probably too much butter and salt...and I did that for ME because I am all the best parts of my mother.  I know she would be proud of me for I am proud of her, who she was and who she taught me to be!
Thank You Mom, for 21 truly amazing years!  I will be looking for you and your dimples in Heaven someday...until then I will hold onto all the things you taught me. 

  

2 comments:

  1. Sister...

    Love it! That would be a Black-billed Magpie. They like to follow the mammals around and take naps on their backs. Did you really see Big-Horn Sheep? They're really rare in my part of the world... you're such a budding naturalist. I want to know when it be boys day too! Hilarious. You say "gorgeous" all the time, i say "spectacular"... we should hang together more often. Happy Mom's Day! to MK, Cara, Colleen, Helen... shoot, to Dad too! and Leah!

    ReplyDelete