28 February 2011

MK and new beginnings

For those of you that didn't know her well, MK stands for Mary Kay Clancy Scavone...my Mother!  She died 10 years ago from Colon Cancer.  She was the most gracious, warm, fun-loving woman I have ever known.  Her eyes were sparkly blue and her cheeks were pink and she always had lipstick on her teeth.

My Mother had a fascination for Hats.  She would buy them everywhere and we even had an entire wall at our house that was covered in hats...people would come over and barrow a hat for a party or a costume.  I always thought it was so strange, now I wish I had a Hat wall!  My mom also was a master mosaicer.  She made mirrors and magnets, tables and frames.  She broke cups, plates, vases, candle sticks and god knows what else.  She used to start Mosaicing at like 7 or 8 at night and be up until 2-3am...She was a master mosaicer!
I am learning to be one.
Just beginning.





No comments:

Post a Comment